- Glide silently on freshly groomed trails at the Fort Smith Ski Club. Over 15 km of groomed trails for both classic and skate skiing with a variety of terrain and beautiful views of the Slave River. https://fortsmithskiclub.ca/
- Treat yourself to soul soothing food at Anna’s Home cooking whether you order her famous steak sandwich or a heart-warming soup you will love the food and the chill vibes. https://www.facebook.com/northheathyliving. Call 872-2582 to order take-out.
- Revel in the raw beauty of Wood Buffalo National Park during winter. Bundle up in your warmest gear, grab your snowshoes, fill up your thermos with some piping hot chocolate and indulge in untouched trails. Hike the Grosbeak Route on the Benchmark Creek Trail and admire Grosbeak Lake’s unique landscape. In the winter, our trails are unmaintained and typically snow covered.
- Get a dose of Art & Culture at the Northern Life Museum & Cultural Centre for a behind-the-scenes look at the art, culture and history of the region. Ask about some of their upcoming art workshops and get lost in a new hobby. Open Monday - Friday, or call to book a special tour at 872-2859 or email@example.com. The cost is FREE. Be sure to check out locally made art in the museum gift shop.
- Snow laden trees are a beautiful sight along the Cassette Rapids trail, you will be greeted by picturesque tree scapes thick with frost and snow. Mist from the open rapids rises and forms a frosty forest and a magical winter wonderland, a must-see winter site: https://www.fortsmith.ca/attraction/cassette-rapids
- Night Sky Enchantment – Take a Night Sky Tour at the observatory with the Thebacha and Wood Buffalo Astronomical Society the only northern observatory in the NWT. Get to know the night sky, constellations, and other visible sky objects, and learn about night sky photography. View astronomical objects through high powered telescopes and contemplate the universe. Book a minimum of 24 hours in advance by calling Mike C at (867) 872-0243. Fees start at $15.00/adult, $5.00/child