Stay at the Pelican Rapids Inn with FREE breakfast for 2 people from the onsite breakfast area at a great downtown location. Request the Northern Staycation rate.
- Venture to the Desnede Farmers Market during July, August, and September for all things locally grown, homemade, and created.
- Book a tour at the Northern Life Museum & Cultural Centre for a behind-the-scenes look at the art, culture and history of the region. Open Monday - Saturday, call to book a special tour at 872-2859 or email@example.com. The cost is FREE. Be sure to check out locally made art in the museum gift shop.
- Visit the only NWT Alpaca Farm with Flat World Alpaca - Call to book an appointment and check out their products and their Alpacas! To book a visit call: 1-867-872-0243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A typical visit is $10.00/person, kids under 12 are free.
- Dinner Time: Treat yourself to some of the best pizza in the North at Berro’s Pizzeria! Call 867-872-3332 to order
- Spend the morning strolling the boardwalk along the Thebacha Trail in beautiful Fort Smith and head down to the Rapids of the Drowned to view the American White Pelicans up close.
- Head out on a self-guided hike along the board-walked Karstland Trail in Canada’s largest National Park – Wood Buffalo National Park. Explore and learn about sinkholes, karst topography and more.