A two-night stay at one of the following:
- The Pelican Rapids Inn with FREE breakfast for 2 people from the onsite restaurant and great downtown location. Request the Northern Staycation rate, $167/ night.
- The Wood Buffalo Inn - with kitchenette suites and downtown location.
Day 1 - Evening arrival
- Enjoy a self-guided evening walk along the Thebacha Trail. Catch the sunset down by the rapids of the drowned and watch the American White Pelicans fish and swim in the rapids of the Slave River. For information on accessing hiking trails near Fort Smith click here: Fort Smith Trail Map
- For dinner try some of NWT’s best pizza at Berro’s Pizzeria - Call 867-872-3332 to order
- Need coffee? Or a latte? Nsixty Trading Company is the place to go. They love coffee and want to share their passion with you!
- Grab some picnic food and head to Pine Lake beach in Wood Buffalo National Park for a serene afternoon by the crystal blue waters.
- For dinner ask for Anna’s famous Steak Sandwich at Anna’s Home Cooking Restaurant and enjoy dinner on the patio. Call 872-2582 to order take-out.
- Go on a self-guided morning walk along the Thebacha Trail, through beautiful Fort Smith and along the forested Axe-Handle hill.
- Book a tour at the Northern Life Museum & Cultural Centre for a behind the scenes look at the art, culture and history of the region. Open Monday - Saturday, call to book a special tour at 872-2859 or email@example.com. The cost is FREE. Be sure to check out locally made art in the museum gift shop.