Your Business is Important to us!
The Economic Development Officer (EDO) position was created to facilitate the Town’s economic development activities with existing and new businesses. The EDO provides assistance to businesses and compiles important local and regional economic data. In addition, they coordinate with other Town departments and organizations on issues of planning, infrastructure and special events.
Business Visitation Program
The Town of Fort Smith's Business Visitation Program is part of our business investment and retention strategy. It has been created to enable our Economic Development staff to understand the goals of your business, to refer customers to suppliers, as a means of making businesses aware of opportunities for growth, as an avenue to develop business relations with local key contacts, and to acknowledge your business as a valued contributor to the community. Your success is important to us.
The program has been designed to answer some key questions and enable our interview with senior executives/owners/managers to:
- Gain insight into the Fort Smith economy;
- Understand the positive and negative attributes of Fort Smith as a place to do business;
- Evaluate growth potential, risks, level of satisfaction, and emerging trends;
- Develop value added services for local businesses
- Establish longer term economic and community development priorities that will support local businesses; and
- assist us in providing growth plans by gathering information that will help reduce business costs, improve competitiveness, enhance infrastructure and increase & develop a thriving community.
See the latest Business Visitation Report in the documents below.